Endras has developed policies and procedures consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”), and other relevant privacy laws.
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
When you purchase or lease a vehicle from Endras, or when you have us service or repair a vehicle, purchase or lease other products or services from us, participate in one of our surveys, contests, or promotions, test drive one of vehicles, contact or meet with one of our dealership staff, we may collect some or all of the following Personal Information:
- your name, address and telephone number;
- your email address and facsimile number;
- your occupation;
- information about your driving habits (such as preferred vehicle size, colour, type of vehicle, driving habits, etc.);
- information about your existing vehicle(s) and any trade-in;
- details of your vehicle, its odometer reading, and its service history;
- your driver’s licence number;
- the name of your insurance company and agent;
- your insurance policy number and details about your insurance coverage;
- your language preference;
- your date of birth;
- your social insurance number; and
- financial and credit information about you (specific information is set out in the application for credit forms).
What Information Do We Collect Electronically?
How do we use your Personal Information?
Endras collects Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services to you;
- to obtain a credit report if you are financing or leasing your vehicle;
- to assist in obtaining appropriate financing of your vehicle to you;
- to administer your vehicle warranty coverage;
- to provide you with vehicle service reminders;
- to establish and maintain responsible commercial relations and to communicate with you in order to provide service. This includes, but is not limited to, communications relating to advertising, promotion and update and information regarding our products and services;
- to respond to any correspondence you may direct to us;
- to understand our customers’ needs and preferences;
- to direct advertisements to you about goods and services of interest to you;
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements; and
- for any other reasonable purposes for which you may have provided your express consent or in which your consent can be reasonably implied.
We respect your privacy and, unless otherwise required by law, we will not collect, use or disclose your Personal Information without your prior consent. Your consent may be expressed or implied. You may expressly give your consent in writing, verbally or through any electronic means. In certain circumstances, your consent may be implied by your actions. For example, providing us Personal Information relevant to servicing your vehicle is implied consent to use such information to provide you the associated services.
Where appropriate, Endras will generally seek consent for the use or disclosure of the information at the time of collection. In certain circumstances, consent with respect to use or disclosure may be sought after the information has been collected but before use (for example, when Endras wants to use information for a purpose other than those identified above). In obtaining consent, Endras will use reasonable efforts to ensure that a customer is advised of the identified purposes for which Personal Information collected will be used or disclosed.
The form of consent sought by Endras may vary, depending upon the circumstances and type of information disclosed. In determining the appropriate form of consent, Endras shall take into account the sensitivity of the Personal Information and the reasonable expectations of our customers. Endras will seek express consent when the information is likely to be considered sensitive. Implied consent will generally be appropriate where the information is less sensitive.
You may withdraw consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. In order to withdraw consent, you must provide notice to Endras in writing.
Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention
Unless required by law, or in connection with a business transaction, Endras shall not use or disclose or transfer Personal Information for any purpose other than those described above without first identifying and documenting the new purpose and obtaining your consent, where such consent may not reasonably be implied.
In the event your Personal Information is disclosed to a third party pursuant to a business transaction, Endras will ensure that it has entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information is related to those purposes that relate to the transaction.
Subject to the foregoing, only Endras’ and our Affiliates’ employees with a business need to know, or whose duties reasonably so require, are granted access to your Personal Information. All such employees will be required as a condition of employment to contractually respect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.
Endras will retain Personal Information for only as long as required to fulfill the identified purposes or as required by law. Personal Information that is no longer required to fulfill the identified purposes will be destroyed, erased or made anonymous according to the guidelines and procedures established by Endras.
Most of our uses of your Personal Information are necessary for us to sell or lease you your vehicle, assist you in the financing or lease of your vehicle or provide service to your vehicle and we cannot do this without your Personal Information. Similarly, we must disclose your Personal Information for many of the purposes described above, for example to assist you in arrangements for financing. If you do want us to use or disclose your Personal Information in a particular way, please contact our Privacy Officer and we will be pleased to discuss with you how we can limit our use or disclosure of your Personal Information.
How can I Access my Personal Information?
Upon request, Endras will provide you information regarding the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information and you will be given access to that information. Endras will respond to an application for individual access to Personal Information within a reasonable time and at minimal or no cost to the individual. You may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
NOTE: In certain circumstances, Endras may not be able to provide access to all your Personal Information it holds. Exceptions may include information that is prohibitively costly to provide, information that contains references to other individuals, information that cannot be disclosed for legal, security or commercial proprietary reasons, or information that is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege. Endras will provide the reasons for denying access upon request.
Endras protects your Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Endras will protect Personal Information against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use, or modification.
Our methods of protection include:
- Physical measures, such as filing cabinets which are kept locked when not in use and restricted access, both to Endras’s place of business in general and to internal offices as well;
- Organization measures, such as security clearances and limited access on a need to know basis; and
- Technological measures, such as the use of passwords, firewalls and encryption.
Endras will maintain procedures for addressing and responding to all inquiries or complaints from its Members about Endras’s handling of Personal Information. Endras shall investigate all complaints. All inquiries or complaints involving Endras’s handling of Personal Information or compliance with this policy or with PIPEDA shall be directed to Endras’s Privacy Officer.
The Privacy Officer will respond to all such inquiries or complaints within 14 business days of receipt. The Privacy Officer will make reasonable efforts to resolve all such complaints within 30 days of receipt of the initial complaint. If Endras finds a complaint to be justified, it will take appropriate measures, including, if necessary, amending its policies and procedures.
For more information, please contact our Privacy Office as follows:
Privacy Officer: Ivy Wang
Endras Automotive Group
100 Achilles Rd, Ajax, ON
Hours of Operation
Monday - Saturday
9:00am - 6:00pm
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 5:00pm
8:00am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday
8:00am - 5:00pm
8:00am - 5:00pm